LESSON 28 CHILDREN’S CHURCH AUGUST 13TH (2017)
GRADES 1, 2 AND 3
TOPIC: “HOLY SPIRIT” (Part 1)
SCRIPTURES: “Acts 19:1-8, 11-17. (The Sons of Sceva)
DEFINITION: “The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity (God the Father, God the Son Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit).
AIM/OBJECTIVE: The objective is to introduce the children to the person of the Holy Spirit. The aim is to enable them live a successful and victorious Christian life full of joy, love, peace, miracles and success.
INTRODUCTION: God the son, Jesus Christ, promised to send us a helper as He was departing this world. On the day of Pentecost He fulfilled His promise (Acts 2:1-end). Since then the Holy Spirit has been with us. He wants us to commune with Him (fellowship). But because of His spiritual form people do not know how to relate with Him. In this series on the Holy Spirit we are going to learn how to relate with the person of the Holy Spirit on daily bases. The Holy Spirit is looking for those to fellowship with Him.
Step 1: The Holy Spirit is the one who speaks in your heart and advices you to do good things that pleases God.
Step 2: You don’t see Him but He is with you always.
Step 3: God is love, He is seated above in heaven.
Step 4: Jesus is our grace who came to save the world from their sins and the punishment of sins. He is seated at the right hand side of God in heaven.
Step 5: God the father and the Son sent the Holy Spirit to dwell with us now.
Step 6: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are one. They are called TRINITY meaning (Three United).
Step 7: They work together as a team. Just as one egg has three parts; the shell, the white and the yoke but still its one egg so are they.
Step 8: Just as water can be ice block, liquid or vapour but still water in different forms; so God deploys Himself to us in three forms.
Step 9: Today many people do not know that the Holy Spirit is with them in person. But He is longing for our fellowship with Him.
Step 10: He wants to be our friend so that He can help you.
Step 11: He is the one who advised you in your heart to receive Jesus into your heart.
Step 12: Except you are born by the spirit you cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:5-8.
Step 13: Those who are born of the spirit are those who hear and do what the spirit of God says. They are the true children of God. Romans 8:14.
Step 14: God is Holy Spirit John 4:24, He speaks to our spirit.
Step 15: The Word of God is the spirit of God talking to you John 6:63. He is also called the Spirit of truth, whatever He says to you is the truth John 14:17.
Step 16: Is the Spirit that makes you to accept that you are God’s child. Romans 8:16.
Step 17: Those that have the Holy Spirit can use the power of God to do miracles and healing and achieve great things. Acts 1:8. You will receive power.
Step 18: It is this power that Paul used to do miracles but the seven sons of Sceva could not because they did not have the Holy Spirit because they are sinners, so the mad man beat them up Acts 19:11, 12; Acts 19:13-16.
Step 19: Next week I will teach you how to receive the power of the Holy Spirit. BE THERE.
QUESTION A: What happens when we receive the Holy Spirit? (See step 17 for answer)_____________
QUESTION B: Who is the Holy Spirit?
1. (See step 1)______________________________________________________________________
2. (See definition on top)______________________________________________________________
QUESTION C: What is one Name for God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit?____________
QUESTION D: Why does the Holy Spirit want to be your friend? (See step 10)_____________________
NO. 31 WEEK 31 SUNDAY SCHOOL AUGUST 13TH (2017)
TOPIC: “HELP FROM ABOVE”
TITLE: “THE HOLY SPIRIT” (Part 1).
INTRODUCTION: There are three things that you need in life: No.1 The Holy Spirit, No.2 The assignment (what God created you to do here on earth) which we call our purpose or destiny and No 3. The seed, (The gifts God gave you to create any future you want). Your seed is anything you possess, know or do that could help another. Your time, love, patience, wisdom and money are seeds. What you sow you will reap. When you give money for God’s work, you will reap more money. It is a law. If you make good happen for others, God will make good happen to you. It works without fail. Your harvest will come through your tithe, offering, first fruits, vows, pledges and by helping someone in trouble who is in need of your help. Don’t look for your harvest where you have sowed, look for harvest because you have sowed. The reason for building a school in our new branch in New Nyanya, Nasarawa State, Nigeria is to make others reach their goals. And God will take care of my needs and that of my family and ministry. So, if you want to be a success… if you want to be fulfilled …concentrate on these 3 things No.1 The Holy Spirit No.2 Your assignment and No.3 Your seed. Today we shall begin with the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is the No 1 person you need in life. Unfortunately most people do not know this. Today’s sermon will make you to understand the role of the Holy Spirit in your life. He is a helper from God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ from above. I struggled with ministry for a long time until I realized the importance of the Holy Spirit. Today, we are experiencing raw miracles because of the presence of the Holy Spirit in our ministry.
Most Christians only know the story of Pentecost or about tongue speaking and the power. The Holy Spirit is more than these. The Holy Spirit lives inside of you. To live with someone is to have fellowship with that person. It will require intimate fellowship and communication. There is no relationship in a marriage where there is no fellowship or communication. If the only time you talk is when there is a need, there will always be crises in the home. Most people do not have daily fellowship with the Holy Spirit, they remember Him once in a while when He is mentioned. And the Holy Spirit is crying out for your fellowship with Him.
The reason He is treated so is because we think He is just a wind, dove fire or an influence. The Holy Spirit is a real person like God the Father, and the Son Jesus Christ. The three are one, you cannot do without any of the three in God head called TRINITY (Three United). Just as you cannot know God without Jesus Christ, you cannot know the Father and His Son Jesus Christ without the Holy Spirit, they are one.
Bible says in John 3:5-8 except a man is born of the Spirit He cannot enter into the kingdom of God. He The Holy Spirit was the one who made you to accept Jesus. And after you received Christ a measure of God’s Spirit is given to us (2 Corinthians 1:22). He is the change agent. He renews you by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost (Titus 3:5). The Holy Spirit is the one that assures you that you are saved (Romans 8:16). If you sin against God or the son Jesus Christ you will be forgiven but if you reject or sin against the Holy Spirit you cannot be pardoned (Mark 3:28, 29). He is called the spirit because you don’t see Him with the naked eyes because no man can see God and live.
The Holy Spirit is the Third person of the Trinity through whom god acts, reveals His will, empowers individuals, and discloses His personal presence. God can use this Agent in two ways: as a destructive force that dries up the waters (Hosea 13:15) and as the power of God is gathering clouds to bring refreshing rain (1 Kings 18:45). In Genesis 1:2 the spirit exercised control over the chaotic waters in the beginning of creation. The spirit is the wind or breath of God – see Psalm 104:3. The spirit dried up the red sea for God’s people to walk on dry land. The Holy Spirit speaks – He spoke to the prophets and He still speaks to God’s children today.
The Holy Spirit can enter your life like water – refreshing you (Isaiah 44:3, 4). The Holy Spirit can enter your life as fire purifying you (Acts 2:3, 4). The Holy Spirit can move suddenly and quickly in your life like wind (Acts 2:2). The Holy Spirit will come to you the way that you need Him the most (He can advice, heal, fight for you, etc). The Holy Spirit is a person. When you embrace this truth, your Christian experience will change dramatically, instantly, and satisfy every part of your heart and life. May today’s teaching draw you closer to the Holy Spirit in Jesus name, Amen!
QUESTION A: Who gives life to you Job 33:4; John 6:63________________________________________
QUESTION B: Where does the Holy Spirit live? 1 Corinthians 6:19, 1 Corinthians 3:16_________________
QUESTION C: How was the Bible written? 2 Peter 1:21_________________________________________
QUESTION D: In one sentence, what is the word of God? Ephesians 6:17___________________________
QUESTION E: What do you see in the life of someone who has the spirit of God? Galatians 5:22, 23______
THE ARK FOR SAINTS CHURCH
NO. 26 MESSAGE 13TH AUGUST (2017)
TOPIC: “HELP FROM ABOVE”
TITLE: “THE HOLY SPIRIT” (Part 1)
SCRIPTURES: 1st Reading: Acts 19:1-8 2nd Reading: Titus 3:1-10, 14
INTRODUCTION: Last week we were told according to the scriptures that if we walk in the spirit we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).
Read Psalm 51:11-13.
* David knew the importance of the Holy Spirit.
* He knew that without the Holy Spirit, he would not achieve much.
* He knew the Holy Spirit cannot dwell in the heart of a sinner.
* He knew that he would be spiritually dead and useless without the Holy Spirit
* So he cried out to God for help.
* The Holy Spirit is the Most important person in the life of a believer.
1. As I was ministering on Sunday the spirit of God said, I should talk about Him.
2. In this series I want to introduce you to my one true friend, the Holy Spirit.
3. He will like to be your friend.
4. He is a gift from above to help you. As you go on this journey with me, I pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal Himself to you and I want you to walk with Him.
5. Holy Spirit third person of the Trinity through whom God acts, reveal His will, empowers individuals, and discloses His personal presence in the Old Testament and the New Testament.
6. The term Holy Spirit is only found in Psalm 51:11; Isaiah 63:10-11.
7. But references to the Spirit of God are abundant.
8. The Holy Spirit is depicted as a mighty wind (Acts 2:2-4) when Adam was made, God gave him spirit (life) as his breath or wind from His Nostrils (Genesis 2:7).
9. In Exodus, God deployed this wind (the Holy Spirit) to part the sea (Exodus 14:21).
10. God can use this Agent (Holy Spirit) in two ways: as a destructive force that dries up the waters (Hosea 12:15) and as the Power of God in gathering clouds to bring refreshing rain (1 Kings 18:45).
11. The spirit has the power to control anything or situation.
12. He exercised control over the chaotic waters at the beginning of creation (Genesis 1:2; 8:1; Psalm 33:6; Job 26:13).
13. The spirit is described as the wind 87 times, 37 describes Him as an agent of God; mostly baneful and ever strong and intense.
14. This property of the spirit clearly reflects the power of God.
15. Joseph’s dream is from the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
16. King David, as a mouth-piece for God, proclaimed that “the spirit of the LORD spoke to me” (2 Samuel 23:2); and Zachariah announced the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel “Not by might nor by the Power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts” (Zachariah 4:6).
17. The Spirit equipped the heroes of Israel with extra ordinary strength (Judges 14:6).
18. Sometimes in the Old Testament the spirit came upon individuals mightily and altered their Normal behavior
(1 Samuel 10:16; 19:23-24)
19. The spirit is the ultimate origin of all mental and spiritual gifts as it is in the underlying inspiration of the men of wisdom, (Exodus 31:1-6; Isaiah 11:2; Job 4:15; Job 32:8).
20. This gift is not for the prophets, Pastors, etc alone but also the spirit will be shed upon the people of God (Isaiah 44:3) and upon all the people (Joel 2:28).
21. The reception of the Holy Spirit is dependent upon repentance (Ezekiel 18:31; Acts 3:19).
22. It is associated with the creation of a new heart (Jeremiah 31:31-34).
23. There was a period of 400 years before the birth of John the Baptist that the Holy Spirit did not communicate with God’s people (Israel).
24. But after 400 years, the Spirit informed Zechariah and Elizabeth that their son would be filled with the Holy Spirit while still in his mother’s womb (Luke 1:15).
25. Same period angel Gabriel visited Mary with the news that “the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the most high will overshadow you”.
26. Therefore, the Holy Child to be born by the spirit of God (Luke 3:22).
27. The Holy Spirit was responsible for thrusting Jesus out into the wilderness to undergo temptation (Luke 4:1-13).
28. In the Book of the Acts, witnessed to the reality of the Holy Spirit in the church.
29. Spirit possesses Christ through Baptism (John 1:32, 33).
30. It’s indicative of new birth (John 3:1-16).
31. Promised to come upon Jesus’ departure (John 16:7-11) and endow the believer after resurrection (John 20:22).
32. The Christian community is anointed by the spirit (1 John 2:20).
33. It is the spirit that assures the believer of the indwelling presence of Jesus (1 John 3:24).
34. Why do we need the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is more than the Spirit of being born again, more than the power of the spirit.
35. He is a person who lives inside of you.
36. To live with a person is to have fellowship with that person.
37. It means recognition of each other.
38. It means intimate fellowship and communication.
39. If you do not discover this truth, your Christian life will fluctuate greatly.
40. If you have a deeper fellowship with the Holy Spirit, your Christian life will become stable and your life and ministry would be empowered greatly.
41. Yes you may be spirit filled, and a tongue peaking Christian but you need more than that to receive God’s help from Him. You need a fellowship.
42. Marrying a man or woman is not a relationship except there is true acceptance of each other and continual fellowship with each other.
43. True, sincere and constant intimate relationship based on trust and friendship is true fellowship.
44. Many Christians have fellowship with the Father and Son but not with the Holy Spirit.
45. The Holy Spirit is the neglected third person in God’s family “TRINITY”.
46. The Bible commands us to have fellowship with the Father, Son and to fellowship and commune with the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14).
47. The father finished His work in Old Testament times.
48. Then He sent His son, Jesus Christ, who was crucified and resurrected.
49. Now, seated on the right hand of God the father.
50. Jesus has finished His work.
51. Today we have the age of the Holy Spirit.
52. The Father is working through the Holy Spirit.
53. So the Holy Spirit presently is the administrator of the Love of God and the grace of Jesus Christ.
54. We say “May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Love of God, and the sweet communion of the Holy Spirit be with you” in closing of our services and prayers. Have you ever given it a thought?
55. Communication in Greek is Koinonia – It means * Fellowship
* Partnership and Distribution.
56. The love of God and the grace of Jesus Christ are constant, but they are in heaven.
57. They are brought to our hearts right now in this hour here on earth through the communion of the Holy Spirit.
58. The Holy Spirit needs your fellowship to partner with Him in distributing the love of God, the grace of our Lord Jesus.
59. Together we make the business of our father successful.
60. We are in the king’s business.
61. The Holy Spirit brings all the finances which is the love of God and the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
62. We bring our physical presence.
63. The Holy Spirit is our senior partner and we are the junior partners.
64. Today we have difficulties because we are trying to do the work on our own. The Holy Spirit is left out.
65. To succeed in life and ministry we must keep good fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
66. Without the Holy Spirit, you cannot have a good relationship with the Father or Son.
67. I always invite the Holy Spirit before my ministrations or my secular job.
68. I talk with Him on my personal life struggles, my children, my wife, the ministry, etc.
69. Since I began doing this I have felt a mighty anointing of God on my life and in ministry and sermons.
70. I see Healings and miracles now in my ministry more than ever before. I no longer have health issues.
71. He should be responsible to all your decisions because anything born out of spirit is flesh.
72. I understand Him now when He speaks to me now because our relationship.
73. Every morning and night I spend time first with Him.
74. No matter what I am going through in life, the Holy Spirit comes first.
75. I can’t fail to spend time with Him daily for long.
76. The Holy Spirit is the overseer of our church.
77. I am only His Junior Partner.
78. I speak in tongues very much.
79. It makes me to experience His presence in my consciousness.
80. I pray in tongues even on my bed.
81. Because of my background, English language was a big problem to me.
82. When my pastor began to give me responsibilities to preach and conduct prayer meetings I began to speak English to myself and to learn how to speak good English.
83. Today I am still not perfect but I can now express myself in English without struggling.
84. The more times you speak in tongues, the better you grow in the language of the Holy Spirit.
85. The more you read the Bible, the more you understand Him.
86. Speaking in tongues a whole day makes you to be conscious of the Holy Spirit.
87. Tongue speaking makes you closer to the Holy Spirit, (That is a life of prayer).
88. Powerful spirit filled prayers work the miracles you now see God do through me.
89. Take prayer like your spiritually breathing.
90. If you don’t spend time in prayer, your spiritual life will die.
91. Our church is a praying church
92. Prayer is the key I hope to use to revive our church.
93. I have seen unusual miracles and healings since I began to fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
94. Fasting and prayer are part of fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
95. The Holy Spirit is the giver of life (2 Corinthians 3:6).
96. Your body belongs to Him. You are not your own (1 Corinthians 6:19)
97. He is the creator. He helped Solomon to design and build the temple (1 Chronicles 28:12).
98. He was involved in creation. (Genesis 1:2).
99. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit within you that keeps you living and breathing every single moment (Job 33:4; Ezekiel 37:5, 6, 14).
100. He is the one that gives you a new life after you are born again (Regeneration) Titus 3:5.
101. The words that I speak to you now are life and spirit (John 6:63).
102. At the coming of Christ, He will return the breath into all those who died in the Lord (Romans 8:11).
103. He protects every good thing God has given to you (2 Timothy 1:14).
104. Bible says in John 3:5-8 except a man is born of the Spirit He cannot enter into the kingdom of God. He the Holy Spirit.
* To have these blessings of the Holy Spirit you must begin a good relationship with Jesus.
* Today is your day.
* Come back from your backslidings. Receive Jesus now! Come!
THE ARK FOR SAINTS CHURCH
NO. 25 MESSAGE 6TH AUGUST (2017)
TOPIC: “BY FAITH” (Part 5)
TITLE: “WALKING IN THE SPIRIT” (Inner Self-Control)
SCRIPTURES: 1st Reading: Romans 7:14 – Romans 8:4.
2nd Reading: Romans 6:15-23 Reading of Psalm 51:1-19.
INTRODUCTION: Walking in the spirit is to develop inner-discipline or self control influenced by the Holy Spirit and not self-determination.
(Proverbs 25:28; Galatians 5:22-25).
SUMMARY SO FAR
1. In this series “BY FAITH” we have learnt so much on how faith operates and how a Christian can achieve success by faith.
2. We know now that faith is not by talk or acting or pretence.
Faith is real, its now and it’s from God.
3. It is a gift out of a believer’s confidence and trust in His God.
4. This confidence and trust is because you have a right relationship with God.
5. One can develop a good close relationship with God by reading, hearing, learning, studying, memorizing and meditation of the word of God.
6. Faith is a believers right by covenant through Abraham by Jesus.
7. I told you that covenants are not to be broken if it is set by God. God is a covenant keeper and He wants us to be faithful to His covenants.
8. A true Christian believer cannot divorce their spouse because marriage is a covenant.
9. If you do, there are consequences Malachi 2:13-16.
10. Bible says what God has joined together let no one separate. Mathew 19:6.
11. Today, we have Christians with zeal but without knowledge. Romans 10:2.
12. They are destroyed due to lack of knowledge.
13. And the Bible says if the foundation is destroyed what can the righteous do. Psalm 11:3.
14. The Word of God is your foundation, you must know it and do what it says before you can prosper (good success) Joshua 1:8.
15. Adam and Eve were cursed because they broke the covenant (sinned).
16. But Jesus, the second Adam reversed the curses we inherited from them into blessings which came through Abraham.
Romans 5:14, 15; I Corinthians 15:20, 45-48.
17. How did the blessing come to us?
18. It came through Abraham because Abraham obeyed God. Genesis 12:1-3; Genesis 22:17-18.
19. It became yours by right when you gave your heart to Jesus. Every born again Christian has right to the covenant through Jesus. (Galatians 3:14).
20. Success is your covenant right if you are ready to obey God and activate your faith.
21. The Bible is the Book of God’s promises. As a covenant keeping God, He will never fail if we do our part.
22. (We activate these blessings by Faith). Through confession and believing it in our hearts (Romans 10:9, 10).
23. Mark 11:23 made it easy to understand.
24. FAITH:, also has work. You cannot talk, believe without doing anything. Hard work must accompany your faith. James 2:17-20.
25. If you choose to be LAZY, IDLE, SLOUGHTFUL or a SLUGGARD poverty will attack you like an Armed robber. Proverbs 6:9-11.
26. God’s formular for success is diligence (hard work). Obey God and work hard. Proverbs 22:29.
27. Some of you have been serving the Lord and are hard working but you have not yet received the promise. Do not give up, your labour shall not be in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58.
28. Be patient, walking in faith and continue. Hebrews 6:12.
29. Do whatever you can with all your might. Ecclesiastes 9:10.
30. I declare! That many painful sacrifices you made in the past and the ones you are making now, shall not be in vain!
31. Your effort shall give you a more prosperous and a greater tomorrow in Jesus name!
I want you to realize that you cannot achieve faith, success or be able to do all that you have learnt by outer self-discipline, self-control or determination.
33. You need the inner discipline and self control, which comes by WALKING IN THE SPIRIT.
34. WALKING IN THE SPIRIT: Inner self-control or self-discipline.
35. To have self-control or self discipline means you have taken possession of your mind in such a strength or degree that your emotions, your instincts, and your body are under control from within.
36. Your self discipline begins with your thoughts. If you cannot control your thoughts, you cannot control your actions or your emotions. Romans 8:6.
37. The emotion (feeling) of ANGER for example is due to lack of control of your thoughts. You have allowed another persons action to control you.
38. To be in control you must always be positive. Stay far away from people who try to influence you negatively.
39. If you have self-discipline or self control, the control from outside (influence) is not going to happen.
40. Your focus on the positive plus your faith is what causes achievements (success).
41. There are two persons that want to influence your thoughts positively or negatively at all times. Galatians 5:17.
THE HOLY SPIRIT AND YOUR FLESH.
42. The Holy Spirit will be your inner strength when you walk with Him to keep you in control while your flesh is the saboteur within.
43. The negative part of you (your flesh) works against the positive things you intend to do Romans 7:19.
44. Paul said it is hard for us to work in the spirit because of our carnal nature we inherited from our 1st parents Adam and Eve.
45. The Holy Spirit want to help you to achieve your vision goals and purpose but the flesh is in disharmony with your spirit.
46. God said that if you walk in the spirit it will keep you away from the lustful desires of the flesh.
47. The flesh will distract you with discouragement, doubt, indecision, procrastination, arrogance, isolation and low self-esteem.
48. You can neutralize the flesh by constantly dwelling on the Word of God, staying in places where God is and being around godly people.
49. You can also do so by focusing on the positive things. Philippians 4:8
50. Self-control or self-discipline is a control valve. Even if you have the wisdom of Solomon if you have Samson’s indiscipline, you will not make it.
51. Indiscipline is a correlation of childishness.
Paul says 1 Corinthians 13:11;
52. As long as you lack self-discipline you are a child and children can’t receive inheritance even though they are heirs. Galatians 4:1.
53. David failed due to lack of self control caused by idleness. Idleness is one cause of failure 2 Samuel chapter 11:1-2.
54. Occupy your mind with good things, get busy, plan out your time.
55. DO NOT ALLOW YOUR FLESH TO WIN YOUR SPIRIT
56. The flesh profits nothing John 6:63.
*Stop feeding your flesh, feed your spirit with God’s word.
57. The word of God is spiritual and life Romans 8:9.
58. Those who are led by the flesh cannot please God. Romans 8:8.
59. The correct sons of God are led by the Spirit. Romans 8:14.
60. Sons of God do not work according to the flesh. Romans 8:1-4.
61. Freedom from the control of the flesh control is freedom from sin.
62. We are in a tug-of-war as our flesh urges indulgence and the Holy Spirit constraints us to righteousness.
63. Continually submitting to the unction and urging of the Holy Spirit will lead to victory over the flesh (Ephesians 5:18).
64. As we take these practical steps we learnt today we will avoid the pull of our flesh and we will overcome in victory.
65. Growth in the word of God (Jesus Christ) increases resistance to the flesh.
66. The Holy Spirit helps us when we walk with Him by becoming more internally motivated when we allow the heart (mind) to learn the things of the spirit.
67. CONCLUSION: Do you want life (success) and peace?
68. Be spirit controlled Christian. Romans 8:6.
69. The greater your relationship with the Holy Spirit, the greater your faith and success as a Christian.
70. You can be His close friend today.
* He is calling you now, come! Come!! Come!!!
* Do you want to accept Him today? Come.
* Have you been far from Him? Come back now.
* Stand up for prayers______________________________________
THE ARK FOR SAINTS CHURCH
NO. 24 MESSAGE 30TH JULY (2017)
TOPIC: “BY FAITH” (Part 4)
TITLE: “DO IT NOW DILIGENTLY! (WORK HARD)
SCRIPTURES: 1st Reading: Psalm 37:1-11; Psalm 1:1-3
2nd Reading: Matthew 25:14-30; Proverbs 22:39; Proverbs 19:15
INTRODUCTION: Todays teaching cannot be taken in isolation. God must come first before hard work. Therefore I want to assume that you already know now that obedience comes first because obedience is greater than sacrifice. Psalm 75:67; James 1:17.
1. Except the Lord builds, your hard work will be in vain Psalm 127:1
2. Only those who fear the Lord has good success (blessings)
3. Achievements without God is bad success. Usually ends in sorrow.
4. But it gives God pleasure to see the righteous prosper Psalm 35:27.
5. Believing God’s word will establish you and believing His servant will prosper you. 2 Chronicles 20:20.
6. Bible warned us not to harden our hearts (stubborn to God’s word). Those who do so cannot enter God’s promised rest Hebrews 3:7-13.
7. The happiness of the sinner is short. Job 20:5.
8. The happiness of the sinner is uncertain. Luke 12:20.
9. The happiness of the sinner is vain. Ecclesiastes 2:1-2.
10. The sinner’s happiness is limited to this life. Luke 16:24-25.
11. The sinner is under God’s judgment continually. Job 15:21; Psalm 73:18-20.
12. Don’t envy the sinners who enjoy bad success. Don’t use them as your comparison of good success. They are not the same.
13. If you begin to envy the prosperity of the sinner you will sometimes stumble. Psalm 79:2-3; Psalm 37:1, 7.
14. You will see their end. Psalm 73:17-20.
15. A Christian prospers by obedience to God, having faith in God and by hard work.
16. You can achieve this by having Trust in your God, developing your faith in God and believing in yourself and in your God given abilities.
17. Today my message will focus on how to mix your God-given abilities with your faith in God after you have obeyed Him so that you can achieve a good outcome in the end.
18. HARD WORK. If you really desire success, you must work hard for it.
19. It is true that it is God that gives but God expects you to add work to your faith. James 2:17-20.
20. Believing in God alone will not lead to success and working too hard without doing things that pleases God will lead to failure.
21. Your hard work without God can never produce good and lasting success.
22. Your faith can produce a miracle or breakthrough but it is hard work that will take it from glory to glory, from one level to a higher level.
23. Many Christians go from prayer house to prayer house but do not do any work or obey what God says. It will lead to poverty.
24. Others pursue career, money without developing their spiritual lives. This too can lead to failure.
25. This is my personal advice, do not become Athenians and strangers who spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new things. Acts 17:21.
26. Put to practice the word you have heard. You are no longer a baby Christian. Act on the word and teach others also. God has given you enough so far. Do what you know already.
27. If you work on what you know, God will give you more.
28. The promise of God in the “Book of blessings”
(Deuteronomy 28:1-15) gave us two conditions we must fulfill in verses 1 and 8 before the blessings can be inherited.
29. Read also Hebrews 6:12.
30. Do the word, have faith, be patient and you will make it.
31. The challenge we have is the diligence to work for success.
The word do is work.
32. God will command the blessings in which you set your hand to do
33. Joshua 1:8 says “observe to do diligently all that is written”.
34. Deuteronomy 28:1 says “obey God diligently”.
35. Diligence means hard work.
36. God said that anything you do will be successful. Psalm 1:3.
37. So it is obedience and hard work together. Praise God!
38. God supports hard work (not over work).
39. God did not only speak, He worked also Genesis 2:2.
40. Nehemiah succeeded because he and his followers had a mind to work Nehemiah 4:6, 23. David worked. Jesus worked. Paul worked.
41. Bible says if one is not ready to work, let him not eat also.
2 Thessalonians 3:10.
42. Your labour can never be in vain if God is with you. 1 Corinthians 15:58.
43. That is to say “no success without diligence (hard work)”.
44. If you really desire success, you must work hard for it. Success does not fall on peoples laps, you have to work your way through to it.
45. LAZY, IDLE, SLOUGHTFUL, SLUGGARDS
46. If you look at this kind of person, you easily see on them that they are not ever going to make any success, Ecclesiastes 10:8.
47. You cannot be successful in ministry (church), business, or at school if you are not diligent.
48. If you work hard you will not be found in company of small people, failures, strugglers at the base of the ladder. Proverbs 22:29.
49. God’s formular for success is diligence (hard work) and obedience combined with your faith.
50. WHAT LAZY PEOPLE DO THAT THE GO GETTERS DON’T DO
*The lazy person takes what he thinks is easy way out, but always suffers in the end.
* They sleep too much – Proverbs 6:9-11; Proverbs 19:15.
* His hands refuses to labour – Proverbs 21:25.
* They are usually idle, watching things get destroy Ecclesiastes 10:18
* They have always lots of excuses why they are not doing what they should. Proverbs 22:13; Proverbs 20:4; Matthew 25:24, 25.
* They are busy bodies, wondering from house to house 1 Timothy 5:13.
* They are wasteful. Proverbs 12:27; Proverbs 18:9; Luke 15:13, 14.
* They are problems to those who send them on errands Proverbs 10:26.
51. HOW CAN WE OVERCOME BEING LAZY
52. Learn from the ants Proverbs 6:6-8.
* They have no guide, overseer, or ruler. They know how to rule themselves.
53. Step out by faith, then the Lord will increase your vision.
God will make your way plain (simple) if you are righteous Proverbs 15:19
54. Understand your will. Make a decision in your mind to finish what God called you to do on the earth. Jesus knew His work and His will was to finish it, and He did. John 4:34.
55. You should not wait, start today, NO TIME. John 9:4, 1 Corinthians 7:29
56. Your aim should be to achieve your purpose in life. 1 Corinthians 9:24.
57. Forget your past success or failure, reach out for more. If you are successful there is more Philippians 3:13-14.
58. Do whatever your hands finds to do, do it with all your power.
Ecclesiastes 9:10; Colossians 3:23.
59. Be fervent in spirit (committed whole heartedly) Romans 12:11
60. Push your body to obey God and your purpose. 1 Corinthians 9:27
61. Redeem the time you have already lost in the past.
Work harder! Ephesians 5:16, 18.
62. There is God’s gift in you, stir it up. 2 Timothy 1:6b.
63. Stop being lazy. By the grace of God I and my wife work so hard, we do not have time to idle about and you are all witnesses to it.
64. Listen to Apostle Paul, 1 Corinthians 15:10.
65. We hardly have enough time for one day. Most time, I wish God can increase the hours so that I can do more.
66. But this is to the glory of God. It is the work of grace.
67. Try, learn from others before you who succeeded.
They made it not by being lazy but through faith, (hard work) and patience. Hebrews 6:12.
68. You can be more successful this year.
69. I declare! “That many painful sacrifices you made in the past and the ones you are making now will give you a better and more prosperous and greater tomorrow in Jesus Name!”.
1. God wants your success. He desires it, it is now left for you to decide.
2. All you need now is the conscious exercise of your will to get into it and stay in it in your mind.
3. Start today, do it now. Decide against failure in your mind.
4. Choose success in your mind and follow it through.
5. It may be hard, but it is possible. Just start something.
6. It is better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing at all.
7. Do it Now and succeed!
ALTAR CALL: The most important work is to believe in Jesus. John 6:28, 29.
* If you believe but you have sinned, repent, confess your sins to God and ask Him to forgive you now.
* Today may be your last opportunity to answer the call.
* Come back to Jesus. Tomorrow may be late.
* TIME IS SHORT!
* SINNERS PRAYER
“30 WEEK NO. 31 BIBLE STUDY 27TH JULY (2017)
TOPIC: “BY FAITH” Part 3
TITLE: “MY MIND IS THE BATTLE FIELD”
INTRODUCTION: The battle field is where war takes place. It is a place of defeat or victory, failure or success. Your failure or success in life is as a result of the quality of your mind. Spirit filled mind leads to life and the carnal mind leads to death (Romans 8:4-16).
A man is made up of three parts, spirit, soul and the body. Your spirit is the one that contacts God or satan (depending on who you serve and obey). Your soul is your personality. It is also made up of three parts; your mind, your emotion and your will. Your mind is so important because it is the one that controls your emotions and your will. Your mind makes thoughts that controls how your feel and the choices that you make from your will. Your bad choices have negative consequences while your good choices makes you to prosper.
Who you are now is a result of the quality of your past decisions (Proverbs 23:7). You must protect your mind in such a way that evil thoughts or negative or carnal thoughts are not produced by it. Are you happy, sad, angry, hateful, loving, kind jealous, lustful, sexually perversed etc? it is all because of your thoughts in your mind.
What enters into your heart (mind) are the things that make you think the way you do now. And these thoughts will lead you to your decisions and choices you make through your reasoning on a daily basis.
You must avoid things, people, places and anything that exposes your mind to bad, evil and negative influences. Bible says we should protect the loins of our heart (mind), be sober 1Perter 1:13. The figure “gird up the lions of your mind comes from orientals gathering up their long robes with a belt of preparation for action. If two women want to fight in the village they first gird up their rappers (tie them very well). Military personals do not wear ordinary belts they wear belts that gird them up for action. God said “gird up the loins of your heart”. You need to guard your heart with truth (Eph 6:14).
Your heart is a battle – arena, it is where ideas are born and groomed. Your mind is your stronghold. It is a battle ground for success of failure, prosperity or failure, health or sickness and disease, favour or disfavor, low self esteem or good self image. Pull down, take down IMAGINATIONS, KNOWLEDGE and THOUGHTS that are not in agreement with God’s Word (2Corinthians 10:3-5).
Before you gave you heart (mind) to Jesus, your thoughts were perverse. After your salvation experience you ought to start to renew your mind with the word of God and more positive thoughts (Romans 12:2). Do not conform to the worldly system that is full of lusts ( 1 Peter 1:14). You are now a new creation, (2 Corinthians 5:17), therefore, let go off your old carnal life of sins and lusts. Start the journey of your Salvation now. Free yourself with the truth you now know. You got saved in one day but salvation is a work of life time. Be Holy, He who called you Is Holy. Be holy in all your conduct, so that you may receive God’s best (1 peter 1:14,15).
You can do this by avoiding bad company or bad influences such as; people with bad habits, corrupt TV, CD, video, music etc. beware of social media and the internet. Stay always around good people and positive spirits. Approve only what is God’s good, acceptable and perfect will for you. Meditate only on things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, good reports, virtue and praise worthy and you will have a good decision all the time. Remember “as a man thinks, so is he”. PARENTS BEWARE ! whatever you are exposing your children to is who they will become. Be careful of the movies you watch where your children are. Be careful of what you say and how you behave, it will affect them. Today begin to start a journey of success with your mind.
- How can we do God’s good, acceptable and perfect will? Rom. 12:2_____________________________________________
- What should a christian do if you are exposed to unggodly imagination, knoweldge or thoughts? 2 Corinthians 10:3-5_____
- Why is it so important for you to protect your mind from evil and bad thoughts? Provbers 4:23; Proverbs 23:- 7a__________
- Why should you mind the people you assocate with? 1 Corinthians 15:33__________________________________________
- Discuss the life of a carnal person and spiritual person Romans 8:5-9,13__________________________________________
|MEMORY VERSE: Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts you”
NO. 29 WEEK NO. 30 BIBLE STUDY 20TH JULY (2017)
TOPIC: “BY FAITH” Part 2
TITLE: “MY MOUTH AND MY HEART IS A KEY”
INTRODUCTION: To walk my faith will require you first to know your covenant rights in Christ. God gave Abraham seven perfect blessings because he obeyed God. God promised Abraham seven blessings in Genesis 12:1-3 and was proclaimed to him in Genesis 22:17, 18 after he had fully obeyed God. The blessing includes 1.To produce a great generation. 2. To be a blessed person 3. To be great and famous 4. To be a blessing to others. 5. To bless those who blesses him 6. God promised He will curse those who curses him and 7.Through him God promised to bless the families of the earth.
The blessing of Abraham became our blessing when we gave our heart to Jesus, (Galatians 3:13-14). This blessings can only be received by faith. Faith is to believe that God will do what He promised to do. Faith is now. You must believe now that you have what God promised you. The Bible is a love letter from God full of promises. But every promise has condition attached to it. The thing you must do to obtain the promise is called work. This is why the Bible says that faith cannot work without work (James 2:17-22). Abraham had the promise but had to obey all God’s instruction before God said “Now I know” (Genesis 22:12).
Are there promises you are expecting to come to pass in your life? Do you know the work you have to do yet? Have you been doing the work in obedience to God? Obeying God will produce your miracles. Faith alone cannot do anything. You cannot confess boldly if you are not obedient to God.
God works by faith through speaking. In the beginning He said “Let there be light”, He acted on the Word by speaking, he said “Let there be….” Faith starts with knowing what you want, and speaking them to existence. God said to Joshua in Joshua 1:8 1. Speak the word of promise 2. Meditate on the word 3. Do what the word says you should do carefully, then, you will have your expectation (good success).
The word you speak must agree with the word of God. You cannot just say things that do not have agreement with the principle of God’s word. Therefore, to speak in agreement with God you must know the word of God in your heart. Head knowledge is without understanding. Quoting scriptures without understanding the spirit behind the word can be destructive. The letter kills but the spirit of the word of God gives life. (2 Corinthians 3:6). You must understand the scripture before you can apply them. Understanding is knowledge gained after pondering over and over the word of God so that you can take the word from your head to your heart.
The hearing, reading, studying, listening and memorizing of the word of God is step one but you have to meditate on the word so that you can keep it in your heart. Your heart is the soil and the word is the seed. Until you plant a seed in a good soil it will bear no fruit (Luke 8:11-15). It is not the hearer that is blessed but the doer of the word, James 1:22-25.
So God said to Joshua “If you want to succeed well in life, speak the word, meditate on it, and carefully observe and do what the word says” (Joshua 1:8). This year let your mouth be full of the word of God. Make sure that you understand the word that you speak and ensure your heart agrees with what your mouth is saying. Obey God’s word, speak God’s word, believe God’s word in your heart, you will have what you say (Mark 11:23).
We are already blessed, with all blessings in heaven through Jesus Christ, start collecting your blessings today in Jesus name. Ephesians 1:3. May the Lord give you your inheritance from today through faith, Amen!
A. Did David believe in reward and his covenant right? 1 Samuel 17:26_____________________________________________
B. What should we do to our challengers (Obstancles and problems)? 1 Samuel 17:45-48______________________________
C. How can the just achieve things in life? Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:17___________________________________________
D. If your mouth and heart agree with God’s word what will happen? 1 Samuel 17:58; Mark 11:23_______________________
E.Why is mouth and heart important in faith? Romans 10:9-10____________________________________________________
F. What do you learn from the following scriptures
(i) Matthew 12:37; Proverbs 6:2_____________________________________________________________________________
(ii) Proverbs 12:3a; Proverbs 4:23____________________________________________________________________________
BIBLE STUDY NO. 43 (3RD NOVEMBER, 2016)
TOPIC: SPIRITUAL WARFARE – PART 2
TITLE: OUR WEAPONS OF WARFARE
Christ gave us authority to trample or tread over the enemies, Satan, demons and his human agent (Luke 10:19). As a believer in Christ, no power, principalities or rulers of wickedness in the heavenly places will be able to stop you. Even if your human enemies join forces, they will be punished and the posterity of the righteous will be delivered (Proverbs 15:29). However, for you to be able to stay on top of Satan and his agents, there are three things you need to prepare for spiritual warfare.
1. Your Holiness: (By constantly maintaining your righteousness
2. Forgive all who have made themselves your enemy
3. Pray and fast always. You must always walk in these three principles if you don’t want the devil to give you a surprise attack.
Jesus did not wait for Satan’s temptation before He began fasting and praying for forty days and forty nights (Luke 4:1-13). The Bible tells us that the Spirit of God led Him to fast because He was going to be tempted by the devil. A Christian should be sober and sensitive to the Holy Spirit by living a life of purity and always praying as you seek the face of God. The Holy Spirit will tell you to fast. Also join your church fasting days as your Pastors declare it. If there is trial, trouble, testing, temptation or tribulation coming your way, God the Holy Spirit can instruct you to fast.
Again, Jesus already knew the word of God before the temptation and with the word of God, He overcame Satan. A Christian must know the truth (the Bible principles or teachings on all issues), so that you can reply the devil back when he strikes. Jesus did not shout, fight or quarrel or argue with the devil, He spoke the word of God to him. There is a word for every challenge you face in life, if you can’t find it, go to someone who understands the Bible better than you do (Luke 4:1-13).
Again, from this same passage, there is a lesson to learn; the devil left Jesus after failing to pull him into sin, but there is another key lesson here which is the fact that when we overcome Satan, he will go but he will wait and find another opportune time. So, if you have come out of one trial, as you rejoice, prepare again for yet another war. You are either in a spiritual warfare now or you just came out of one or may be getting into a new one.
The first thing the devil does is to take you away from knowing the Truth. The devil will subtly do everything to keep you away from the truth (deceived Adam and Eve). He does this by using people you love and trust to distract you (Matthew 16:21-23; Genesis 3:1-6; 1 Chronicles 21:1-3, 7,8). The devil can even transform himself as an angel of God using humans who appear spiritual or good to us – 2 Corinthians 11:13,14.
The Spiritual weapons are found in Ephesians 6:13-17. I call them the Christian soldier’s uniform.
A) TRUTH: which is your waist-belt
It stands for the understanding of the word of God and putting them into practice. Only those who obey the rules and the principles of God’s word can enjoy the things of the Kingdom of God.
B) BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS – Ephesians 6:14;
1 Thessalonians 5:8
Your holiness is what covers your heart from Satan’s attack
C) YOUR SHOES OF THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE – Ephesians 6:15, evangelism is a weapon.
D) THE MIGHTY SHIELD OF FAITH – Ephesians 6:16
Your faith in God will protect you from the lies of the devil to distract or derail you from your vision – Psalm 91:4.
E) YOUR HELMET OF SALVATION
Always remember who you are in Christ Jesus – Ephesians 6:17;
1 Thessalonians 5:8. Your salvation is of Christ not of your own effort. Therefore, see Jesus as the one who qualifies you, it is not your good deeds.
F) THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT
Which is the word of God – Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12 says the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword.
All the weapons except the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT are for defence, because the battles belong to God. You only defend yourself with the five weapons while you defeat Satan with the Word of God that you know.
A) How did David overcome Goliath? 1 Samuel 17;42-47, 50-51
B) How did Jesus defeat Satan? Luke 4:1-13
C) When you are under attack, what should you do first? Esther 4:15,16;
2 Chronicles 7:14
D) What is your heritage as a son (daughter) of God? Isaiah 54:17
MEMORY VERSE: PSALM 124:8
“Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth”
CHILDREN’S CHURCH LESSON 43 (OCTOBER 30, 2016)
GRADES 1, 2 AND 3
TOPIC: SPIRITUAL WARFARE – PART 2 (Armour of God)
SCRIPTURES: EPHESIANS 6:10-18
It is to fight war without using natural weapons like gun, cutlass and other physical means. It is God’s battle against the enemies.
The objective of this lesson is to teach the children what the weapons (armours) of spiritual warfare are. The aim is for them to know what things to do when engaging the devil or the wicked ones in a spiritual battle.
TEACHERS’ INSTRUCTION: Whatever we do is not by power or by might, therefore, it is important for you as a teacher to study properly and pray well before teaching. God bless you.
• A Short Prayer: Let them say the Lord’s Prayer. Say it and let them repeat it after you. Do this always.
The Bible tells us that in spiritual warfare, we are not fighting things that have flesh or blood (they are not humans), they are spirits. Someone may be attacking you, but it is the devil’s spirit that is controlling the person. Fighting the trouble maker will cause you more trouble but instead, you can fight them another way which is spiritual. The devil fights us by causing sickness, disease, accidents, quarrels and leading us into temptation and making us to fall into sin; but God helps us when we call upon Him through prayer and fasting if we are righteous.
Step 1: God does not answer the prayer of a sinner (Isaiah 59:1-2)
Step 2: Sin makes Satan to defeat a person (Romans 6:16)
The righteous are bold, the wicked is afraid and runs even when no one is pursuing him – Proverbs 28:1
Step 4: These weapons we use against Satan are found in Ephesians 6:14-17 (read it and name them).
Step 5: They are the uniform of a Christian solder
Step 6: i) TRUTH
That is knowing what the Bible says
ii) BREATPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
Be holy and do not live in sins
iii) YOUR SHOES
Which is preaching the gospel of peace (Evangelism – soul winning)
iv) THE SHIELD OF FAITH
Believe in God and His word all the time
v) HELMET (Cap) OF SALVATION
Believe that Jesus has saved you.
vi) THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT
Which is the word of God in your heart.
Step 7: You must also be prayerful and watchful – Ephesians 6:18
Step 8: We should be watchful because the devil is a deceiver, he will come from time to time to deceive you like he deceived Adam and Eve to sin (Genesis 3;1; 2 Corinthians 2;11).
Step 9: Satan also likes to steal the word of God from people so that they may not remember them – Mark 4;14-15
Step 10: Always remember the word of God that you are taught every time so that the devil will not deceive you.
Step 11: Jesus overcame Satan’s temptation by using the word of God – Matthew 4;3-9
Step 12: If you know these things, the devil cannot destroy you-Ephesians 6:16; Psalm 91:4.
Know what the Bible says by reading the Bible and listening to your teachers, do what the Bible says all the time (that is righteousness), pray all time. Do not allow Satan or anyone to deceive you. Believe the word of God is true (faith), preach to bad boys and girls to change. Don’t forget you are a child of God (Salvation). The devil cannot harm you. God bless you.
A) How many weapons do we have for warfare?
B) Name them, what are the uniform of a Christian soldier?
MEMORY VERSE –ISAIAH 54:17
“No weapon formed against me shall prosper…”
SUNDAY SCHOOL NO. 43 (30 OCTOBER, 2016)
TOPIC: SPIRITUAL WARFARE – PART 2
TITLE: “OUR AMOURS OF WAR”
INTRODUCTION: Last week, we learnt about three principles of warfare:
1) HOLINESS (living in righteousness and forgiving your enemies
2) Prayer; and
These three are the battle itself; because spiritual battles are fought by divine or supernatural way, you must do all these I mentioned before God can take over your battles from you. God never fails; He is a winner all the times. If you want to be sure of victory in your life battles, you must follow God’s principles.
According to the word of God (2 Chronicles 7:14, God said “if Christians (my people who are called by my name), will HUMBLE THEMSELVES (fast) and pray, SEEK HIS FACE (tithe, offering, first-fruits, soul winning, service, praise, worship) and REPENT FROM THEIR SINS (HOLINESS) and I will hear from heaven and heal their land (prosper them). Everything you need to make God step into your battles are mentioned above.
Today, we are going to see the armours of war that we must put on before we can say “we are battle ready”. These armours help you to stand in protection and to confront the enemies as the Lord battles for you. They are found mainly in Ephesians 6:13-17.
Truth is living in God’s principles. God helps those who stand in righteousness (Isaiah 4:15). By being holy, you become strong in the Lord and the power of His might. Holiness clothes you in God’s armour and protects you from the Missiles of the enemy. Holiness makes you stand tall in the midst of opposing forces (John 14:30-31) and holiness will position you in Christ so that satanic forces are all kept under your feet (Ephesians 1:2-23).
Sin will make Satan tread on a sinner at his will (Romans 6:16). Anytime you fight Satan, his demons or human agents when sin is in your life, you can be sure you will suffer some injuries; but if you are living holy, you will surely win your battles no matter how bad they may seem. A person’s lifestyle determines his or her position in the realm of the spirit. God may be willing to help but your sin can tie His hands (Isaiah 59:1-2). I got my freedom when I understood this principle. I used to live in fear of Satan and human attack but this truth made me free and I am left free. Every day I face battles against the church, against my life and even against my family and people I love, and I have never lost one battle since I began to live a life of walking in God’s principles (Truth).
2) BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
Which is depending on the blood of Jesus and your salvation daily to maintain a holy living.
3) YOUR SHOES; THE GOSPEL OF PEACE
God fights for anyone who is a soul winner. Devil can never defeat a preacher or any evangelist who is honest in their calling. No Satan, no man or woman can touch my life in Jesus name because I know who I am in Christ Jesus and I know I am preaching the true gospel of peace of Jesus Christ.
4) SHIELD OF FAITH
The truth you know will protect you from doubt if Satan comes to tempt or derail you from what the Bible says. You must know your rights and privilegdes in Christ. Stand in the promises of God and no power can destroy you (Ephesians 6;16, Psalm 91:4).
5) THE INVISIBLE HELMET OF SALVATION
Your salvation given to you by Jesus Christ – 1 Thessalonians 5:8
6) THE INVISIBLE SWORD OF GOD WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD
The word of God is powerful and alive, sharper than any two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12, Ephesians 6:17).
Finally, Ephesians 6:18 warn us to be watchful as we pray in supplication (praying depending on God’s mercy and not your power or righteousness). Let look at the Bible and learn why these are important to us.
A) Why should we be watchful?
i) Genesis 3:1; 2 Corinthians 2:11
ii) 2 Corinthians 11:13,14
B) What does the devil do for people not to know the truth?
i) Mark 4:15
ii) 2 Corinthians 4:4
C) How can Satan attack a believer?
i) Matthew 16:21-23
ii) Genesis 3:1-6; 1 Chronicles 21:13, 7-8
D) How do you fight the human enemy? Romans 12;17-21
E) What weapon for you use against Satan? Matthew 4:3-9
F) Can God use the devil to punish a sinner? 1 Samuel 16:14
MEMORY VERSE: ISAIAH 54:7
“No weapon formed against you shall prosper and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn”